Sunday, November 28, 2010

Walk and Follow

Here's another step onto the path ahead

No longer mixing bricks

or falling for the tricks

we thought were meant to be

but now one of us can see

leaving dreams behind for dead.

And maybe you were right

These dreams are a tight squeeze

We should be going places

but we're chained to the second hand

we're just dragged along

going in circles but never going back.

and maybe I was wrong

Just got twisted up in the wouldn't it be greats

and the If only if only's

but hey what can I say

I'm just a girl

with a little more passion than she bargained for.

But here I am,

my path is in front of me

It's under my feet

I'm walkin' on with uncertainty

Yet there's a bounce in my step

and fresh air in my lungs

so I'll be fine where I am

Cuz I'm not going alone.

I'm don't know where I'm going

and I hope you don't mind

if you need me, find Jesus-

I won't be far behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment