Monday, June 7, 2010

Not Meant to Be

What can I say
To get him to see
Our love for each other
Was not meant to be?

What can I do
So he understands
Our chemistry
Is not in our hands?

Why can't he accept
That we're not the same.
We're on different levels
In love's cruel game.

We're both puzzle pieces
That just won't fit;
Niether willing to change
Or conform a little bit.

But theres other pieces out there
That will fit just right.
For each of us, they're out there
Worth fighting the good fight.

We've tried it out
And found a small spark
But our big differences
Left us in the dark.

Life is taking us
Down different roads
With some shared moments
But different places to go.

I will shed a tear
He will never see
And hope he can accept
We're just not meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment