Monday, June 7, 2010

Through the Nights

As the sun sinks down

And the night creeps in

A single tear falls

From eye to cheek to chin.

You had an effect on me

Like no one before

With that wonderful spirit

That I simply adored.

Your laugh and your smile

With your gentle touch

Sent my heart soaring

Turning me to mush.

I remember so clearly

Of the days I spent with you

And now I sigh

For you never really knew.

I have myself to blame

For cowering in fear

Of taking the risk

Of letting you near.

Never admitting

What you meant to me

A fear of rejection

Was all I could see.

No longer do I see you

Since our paths divided

Why do I still think of you?

I haven't quite decided.

Now deep in my heart

A sad little girl sits

In a dress damp and grey

Torn to tattered bits.

She sits in isolation

With only her tears and dreams

Shrouded in darkness

Lost in her silent screams.

And during these nights

Knowing not what to do

The little girl weeps

In remembrance of you.

Her tears are black

From that cold cowering fear

Her eyes are hollow

Where love fails to appear.

Her arms are weak

For she has no one to hold

Her hair is slovenly

She appears so old.

But even through this

She still has hope

That maybe one day

She'll be able to cope.

She still dreams of the day

When she'll find that someone

Who'll bring color to her eyes

Who'll bring her to the sun.

She needs that light

That passion, that flame

To overcome

What she has became.

So she'll wait patiently

Day by solemn day

Silently wishing

The pain to go away.

This little girl

Deep in my heart

Has loved you unwaveringly

Right from the start.

I feel her inside me

In the state that she's in

And I've made my choice

To erase you from within.

So now I'll shed this solitary tear

And in this state of mind

I will move on to better days

And I will leave you behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment